Let's Discuss....Suspenders

I'm so tired of my pants riding on my hips (like jeans) and not on my waist(right below the belly-button) where they should be. All day I'm adjusting my pants hoping they will stay in the right place. My belt doesn't want to help the situation either. It's either too tight or too loose..always.

The other day I broke down and bought a pair of suspenders for my new Ralph Lauren Purple Label suit. After wearing the suspenders just one night I will probably never go back to belting suitpants again. Suspenders work!!

Suspenders keep your pants in place like no belt ever could. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the look of suspenders and I hate funny or theme-y suspenders, so i hide my braces under a vested suit.

The downside of this new love is that suspenders are so hard to find, at least in New York. Suspenders and cufflinks are two of the most important accessories for men and yet the challenge of finding great options is almost insurmountable.

So, what do I need to know about the art and craft of suspenders and where can I find some good ones?